Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 02:53   Link #2217
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuu View Post
still can't find the raw.

Honestly, I don't care about TheEND or what happened with the Gekko. I liked the fact that the Gekko even made an appearance, and the fact that Ao wore Renton's jacket from the ray=out cover was a nice easter egg.

I like this show for it's own merit.
Agreed I like this show for it's own merit as well, though in addition to seeing the Gekko I'm glad we apparently see TheEND show up for a bit as well after the hints (though I admit I haven't seen the ep yet nor can I find the raw yet so perhaps I'll change my mind in this instance not sure). I'm glad to see these things being worked in just like seeing the Gekko again through Eureka. We even got to see Eureka pilot and fight a bit in the old Nirvash.

Also, as for the Gekko being forgotten, how was it forgotten, they had to sink it but I wouldn't put it past someone (maybe even Gen Bleu) to have secretly salvaged it. They didn't sink it and forget about it, they were forced to sink it which was mentioned and shown visually and at least it wasn't hand-waved "off-screen", plus I guess it would have become a powder keg fought over just like Ao and the Nirvash (just like Eureka as soon as she arrived everyone converged on the Gekko) due to their more advanced technology origins and if it's actually destroyed at the bottom of the sea what's there to show? And if they secretly recovered it it wouldn't show up yet, so again there'd not really be anything to show yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Oh no, I'm never sarcastic this way, at least for me this was on par with the first two episodes.
Can't wait for the subs. Episode 19 was a great.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-09-14 at 04:32.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote