View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 03:00   Link #2357
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Well... this more of a health concern issue than a silly but i didn't want to create a whole thread to this question.

Our microwave is sorta old and it's flaking okay? So daddy decided to take it outside and clean it and "spray painted" the microwave. So the question came to me, how safe is it to microwave my oscar mayer weiners in there now? Okay... the hotdogs were just a funny example but really, how safe is it? It still has that spray paint smell which is horrendous, and it amplify when it's i microwave stuff in it, like hotdogs. First of all I have no idea what kind of spray paint he used, so I don't even know if it's safe. Currently it's been 3 or 4 days since then and i've been reluctant to use it but I have used it a few times.

But how safe is it? without and kind of knowledge on what spray paint he used?

ps: Oh shuddup, can't afford a new microwave atm >.<
New ones range from 30-60$ they are not that bad much anymore...but I took one a older cousin replaced painted it up its runnign good as new.

Paint wise you want a enamel type something thats able to withstand the heat and moister of the microwave, I used rustoleum on mine.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote