View Single Post
Old 2010-05-18, 18:21   Link #10157
Shiro Kaisen

This discussion of Episode 3 just gave me a somewhat plausible idea.

The "key" Ryuukishi mentioned is "The basic assumption that makes Room X a closed room is false." I thought of this after I realized that Ep. 3's first twilight isn't a closed room either, since the chapel was never locked to begin with, which allows Kanon's master key to be used to commit each and every other murder and then return it to his body.

We've basically established that the lock on the chapel does not serve the purpose of actually locking it, but rather has to do with the epitaph. At the very least, the chapel was not locked for the first Twilight of Episode 2. The assumption is that it was, but this isn't true. Every closed room is based on Assumption X that something is true.

Battler's closed room is only created because we assume Kanon left the closed room. That's why we have these elaborate DID theories that take Kanon out of the room. But if he died, this assumption isn't true. This key can be used to solve every closed room I've thought of so far....except maybe the Gohda and Kumasawa one, because I haven't thought about it yet and I have to go do stuff, so I'm posting this before I forget.

Just a random musing.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote