View Single Post
Old 2013-03-30, 19:25   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
just dont put a dislike button in, theres nothing worst than getting neg rep for just stating your mind
No, in case the previous long thread about this wasn't clear, we wouldn't consider that. I think something more to the effect of what james0246 is getting at is the issue I'm referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I was under the impression that meta-posting was not allowed at all and that informing a moderator, such as via the report button, was the only acceptable solution.
It basically isn't allowed, and I try to clean up what I can, but it's not like it's always so clear that "this is meta" and "this is on-topic". If we can further discourage these sorts of tendencies by providing another easy outlet, then it's easier to be stricter about it in the threads (and besides, people will be less inclined to do it in the first place).

(I have to say part of the issue is when people doing fan translation and so on start making posts that sort of "advertise" things they just finished translating. On the one hand that's somewhat useful to people who may want to know, but on the other hand it just results in a whole lot of "thanks!". Maybe it's better to not allow the "announcements", since you could see them as a sort of promotion for projects they're associated with, and thus forbidden... but... )