View Single Post
Old 2015-06-20, 20:26   Link #4
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I'm desperate. When groups just flat-out ignore them or use the character's name instead of "big sister"/"big brother" it is SO distracting that I can't watch that version. I like seeing what I'm hearing. Same goes for substituting first name for surname...........WHY WHY WHY DON'T DO THAT, FOR THE LOVE OF......

If this thread is in the wrong forum, I apologize. I just didn't know where to go since the fansub sub-forum is retired.

But please don't post something like "It's no big deal; get over it". For me, it IS a big deal, okay?
This isn't really a group thing except commie which says no honorifics. It usually depends on who(individually) is translating and whether the show needs honorifics based on its setting. Anyways, it seems like you want a literal translation? Most groups have moved on to liberal translations because they are translating largely for a crowd that don't care about the Japanese language as much as you do.

You would probably have more luck just watching the whole thing raw if you are semi-fluent and just turning it on for things that you don't understand.