View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 14:55   Link #96
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Until now, he was always depicted as some sort of older Luffy: Beeing always cheerful and nice, only fighting those who stand in his way or do bad things, and a little bit stupid. Everyone was commenting on how much Luffy resembles Gold Roger.
But now we get this information, that Gold Roger killed a whole pirate crew. Not just fighting them and letting them live (like Luffy always does) but really killing them.
I think this is a whole new side to Roger and some important information.
Does Luffy LET them live... or does he just not hit them hard enough...

I mean that's just the thing, despite the fact that Luffy has not killed anyone, he HAS used all of his strength when he fights, and against many opponents he does not hold back. He does not actually think whether or not the next punch might kill them, he just attacks until they stop fighting... i mean, if it wasn't for Oda's anti-killing mentality, Luffy would have likely killed some of his villains and probably would have busted a few spines and cracked some skulls of the peons he pummeled.... the only thing we are really certain of his that Luffy never went around beating on anyone who had already given up fighting, and actually had the aim to kill; though one may ask, would he feel bad about killing Arlong, Croc, enel and so forth? or would he just never think twice about it?

Now we have to ask, was Gold Roger the same?... Gold Roger and his crew could have easily done what Luffy and his crew have always been doing... frankly, i'd be willing to bet that Squado and his crew were much nastier guys in the past, thus deserving of a good pummeling... however without Oda's protection, they wind up dead instead of just knocked out