Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-24, 00:38   Link #417
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Much larger selection now that just Yuki. (Most popular on Danbooru seems to be Niimi Kaoru, though on Pixiv the popular one is Harada Makoto. Both after Mori Yuki of course.)

(Might be fair to have some of the guys shown as well...there are a lot more of them. But ships too I think)

Though my imagination says that most of them will die.

But then Akihiro Enomoto and Yutaka Izubuchi aren't Leiji Matsumoto or Yoshinobu Nishizaki. They might have a different ideology than those two who conflicted with each other several times as Yamato went on. Especially when it came to character deaths and motives for those deaths.

We will see how far they get into the combined story arcs over the course of 2199 to 2203-ish.

Though I had a thought about a theoretical third season. Yamato 2199 has a known arc that has a very defined beginning and a roughly defined ending. Yamato 2201 as a very tightly crafted story that can take two known paths depending on if the story follows the movie ending or the TV ending. The orignal third season was done after two films (one TV and one theatrical)...I would propose instead doing a third season out of those two films and elements of the another plotline that would setup the plot for a better version of what was the original third season.

Spoiler for Plot related stuff for the films and background for Yamato III (and long):

This proposed season sets up what was the original Yamato III by filling in the backstory and motivations of the other side that were more of less crammed into one or two episodes in the middle of the series that could (or should) have been expanded on. With that sort of out the way, a new version of Yamato 2203 could not only make the Galman's more interesting, but also could give room for the originally dropped plotline for Space Battleship Arizona even in a 26 episode TV series. Since the proposed Yamato 2199 story notes suggest they are going to make the Gamilus more interesting, the logical flow suggests that they could go as far as to make Dessler a main character (if he survives of course) and thus give him a core group of interesting characters for us to follow around at times when Yamato is not really doing anything.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-24 at 01:37. Reason: spelling
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote