View Single Post
Old 2010-07-20, 16:56   Link #2232
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
The problem is two-fold. Firstly, the anime isn't canon, and in particular what Caster does there is simply not possible. The Grail can only work using the souls of Heroic Spirits. If it were possible to open the gate (or even to make any significant contribution to the prana supply needed to do so) by sucking prana from the town, then the Grail would have been set up to do so (hell, that's what it does do (only the prana is used to summon the servant), and it takes 60 years (usually) for the Grail to be full enough even to summon the servants). Secondly, why would Caster work with Zouken? Their goals are entirely incompatible (Caster just wants to live with Kuzuki, Zouken needs her soul to power the Grail) and I doubt she could stand him.
Well, that's why we're still in the planning stage . Like I said, at the moment this is just a rampant plotbunny that might never even get past storyboarding. I'm going to at least have to check through UBW to recall what Caster was planning to do there... she had some plan for cheating at the Grail, I distinctly recall her saying she'd 'figured out the trick behind it', but I can't remember what it was for the life of me.

Though villains aren't hard to team up. I just have to think of some way that each could conceivably think of to use the other's activities to their advantage before stabbing them in the back. They don't have to like each other, just be convinced they're using and will eventually dispose of each other.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote