View Single Post
Old 2011-12-14, 10:21   Link #97
miketyson

This is another pleasant surprise, just read it up to current. Even though taken individually the art is some of the worst I've seen in a published manga, the way the giants are drawn is actually very effective, and really adds to the atmosphere here.

My 2c/overall take: my gut is that there's going to be some kind of conspiracy and/or plot, like everyone else. That said, I suspect what we'll see is something like: the original super-giant wasn't actually "evil" per-se, it was someone who wanted to set in motion a chain of events that'd lead to the conspiracy getting unraveled, regardless of the cost. Given that, our hero's dad -- or someone related to him -- isn't a bad guess, but it could be anyone.

That said, it'll be disappointing if it proves to be just the king/church/whatever behind it all, mainly because we've barely seen them outside of a couple chapters. What I'd hope it's more like is along the lines of: there's some king-of-the-giants monster way out there in the outside world, and back in the day the humans couldn't win the war, so struck some sort of secret deal, but now that deal is unravelling somehow.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote