View Single Post
Old 2009-07-09, 02:23   Link #2356
Knicknevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I don't think Rosa and Genji are working together. If they were, why would she hamstring him by keeping all the keys? Why not secretly pass him a key?

I think the scene leading up to dead-Kanon's attack consisted of Shannon & Genji revealing that they hadn't seen Kinzo, and Rosa must have been lying when she backed them up. Kumasawa explained how she and Jessica had planned the Halloween party. They decided Rosa was the killer, and concocted the ruse of dead Kanon to confuse or worry Rosa. Maybe they'd even found his body in the meantime.

All things considered, Rosa HAS to have actually been plotting with Genji and Shannon on some level. Think about it. After the rest of the siblings die, Rosa goes up to Kinzo's room, where she found Genji and Shannon. And no Kinzo. Genji explained to her about Krauss's plot to hide Kinzo's death, and he's actually been dead for some time now. Rosa takes one of Kinzo's guns, and heads back down with Genji and Shannon.

Shortly after this, she drives all the servants away, saying they are too suspicious. 'Wolves and Sheep'. Neither George nor Battler really want to accept this turn of events. Now, if Rosa really wanted to drive the servants away and make them suspicious, why doesn't she just say to Battler and George "I went to Kinzo's room and found out he's actually been dead for months. Maybe years. Genji and Shannon were keeping him in the ice box." It's not like they can deny this. Kinzo never made it into the boiler, since the people who are burning him (Krauss and Natsuhi) were both dead this game. So he's wherever Krauss had been storing him, presumably someplace in his study.

But Rosa never used that trump card, and instead used Kinzo to create an alibi for them, even though she's chasing them away just a short time later. I think this was planned, with Shannon and Genji out of the others' sight they can eliminate the servants who know about Kinzo but are not part of the plot: Kumasawa and Nanjo. I don't know why she didn't give a key to the killer, but since locked room deals were par for the course in Episode 2, they might have been able to plan around that.

Honestly, I have no idea why Rosa pretended not to know about Kinzo's death. And I find it hard to believe she didn't know. I guess she saw some angle I haven't, which made keeping it a secret advantageous to her.

Ugh. I can make reasonable sounding explanations for Eps 1, 3 and 4, but everything in Ep2 just gets my head jumbled up.
Knicknevin is offline   Reply With Quote