View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 03:03   Link #5550
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
GB @ STL: St. Louis (The Rams are looking dangerously capable on offense)

Unless your name Danny "Mr. Capable" Amendola then the Rams ain't capable to the highest in offense. Don't worry Defense wins championship so as clutch players as Rodgers.
Though I didn't mention in the blurb, The Rams are also looking capable on defense. Green Bay isn't the team that went 15-1 last, and neither are The Rams the team that went 2-14 either. If anything, it's better to regard the 2011 season as something of an aberration in the swing of things, as it explains almost everything going on in the NFL right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Ugly win for the 49ers, but it's still better than a loss. The story of this game, for the fans will be Alex Smith's future despite the victory. He's looked unimpressive for the second straight week against a decent and/or good defense. And now the 49ers have three straight games against good defenses on the road at Arizona and two at home with St.Louis and Chicago. This is an important stretch for Alex and he needs to get out of his funk. He's left a lot of plays on the field the last two weeks. I haven't been too keen on the play calling either, but Alex needs to step up.
I'd say that if there's one thing that's become clear about The Niners offense under Harbaugh is that it's weak against teams with strong defenses. The other thing that's become clear is that Alex Smith is not the center of the Niners offense, Frank Gore is. And frankly, I'm fine with that.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote