Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 12:32   Link #403
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 03 - Feel the Elec-Trigger's Might!

So not only are there robots, there are masked ace pilots who love chewing the scenery. As much as I try to analyze things, this combination of elements just makes me go "That is cool!" and make it the end of the story. Once again, Akiho has completely the right idea of what to do in these situations. It's a super robot, make it super! The tournament as a whole gave me pleasant flashbacks to Medabots, though without the robots themselves having personality, obviously. Or being merchandise. (If there's a Tanegashimachine out there for real, I am quite eager to know.)

I look forward to Akiho persuading/forcing more people to join and the completion of Gunvarrel in episodes to come. It probably won't match up to the definitely-not-a-Gundam they wanted to see when they got to Tokyo, but it still looks awesome. And it's not unheard of, even in our world today. People have been building giant robotic beetles and such. [Insert joke about BC-04 here.] A fine show with a fine atmosphere and a fine sense of hotbloodedness. Even if it's not in Akiba, it's still celebrating an aspect of nerd culture to the fullest.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote