View Single Post
Old 2008-04-30, 23:36   Link #199
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I mean its not uncommon for the secondary heroes to leave the spot light for awhile. In Bleach Rukia's the main female but she disappeared for most of the 2nd arc.
In Xenogears Elly is the main heroine but after her intro scene she disappears until 20% into the story then leaves again then comes back at 30% and stays till 95% and then leaves again till the finale. Just stuff that happens to people who aren't the title character.
I don't know much about Xenogears, but I know in Bleach that while Rukia wasn't on screen, she was a huge, huge driving force for the main character, Ichigo. If Lelouch, in the face of danger, stopped and said, "I need to do this, because I promised C.C.," I think it would be a different situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, currently they may be even but since this season is Kallen's story she'll probably end up dominating everyone with the exception of Lelouch. I suppose that may have been what has been bothering me so much.
I don't think that'll be the case. However, I do think Kallen's story will overpower C.C.'s importance, I don't think she's going to become so important that she makes everyone look insignificant. Nobody has mentioned Suzaku. Even though he's an antagonist, doesn't mean that a good portion of story is going to be dedicated to him. Part of the awesomeness of Code Geass is the fact that you can't really point a finger at someone and immediately identify them as a good guy or bad guy.

After this discussion, I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to simply say that Lelouch and Suzaku are the main characters and everyone else is just part of the supporting cast. The reason I would say that is because it's difficult to distinguish who is more important or who has the most impact on the plot at any given moment. Which, if I may say, is a great thing. Many shows have the problem where they favor some characters, but at the same time, want a character who gets little attention to have great importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, this isn't that show though the case is similar.
I don't know the show he's talking about, but I think he was making a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Because her name is always the third one on the credits. (occasionally the second) That means along with Lelouch and Suzaku, she's one of the leads in this story. (and apparently Rollo is now the 4th lead)

Kallen meanwhile appeared all over the place during the first season, (though she did manage to make it to position 4 in the final season 1 credits. :3) and appears as the first character on the second "page" of staff credits this season.

Anywho, I can't prove that C.C.'s had more screentime than Kallen, since I'm far too lazy to count all that up, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if she has.
Not to insult you, but I personally don't think the order a character appears in the credits is any real substantial evidence of their importance to the story. And when considering screen time, I think it's important to take into account the importance of the appearance or the impact it has. I made the joke earlier about C.C. eating pizza...what does this amount to? Absolutely nothing, but C.C.'s a fan favorite so why not have her in an unbelievable adorable scene where she's got a big strip of cheese hanging out of her mouth.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote