View Single Post
Old 2010-12-30, 14:15   Link #20620
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Personally, I think EP7 made it rather clear there's no DID here, but a person creating roles for her to live as. Of course, you could technically say they are "personalities," since Shannon, Kanon, Beatrice and whoever I may be missing have traits of their own, like different sets of behaviour, likes, dislikes, etc... i.e. they have a personality. And, as long as some people acknowledge them as real, then they "exist".

Of course, they being acknowledged by the Red is a kick in the balls, I think, but that seems to be one of the rules of this game.
Don't be too sure. I still want to believe he's being earnest about the red; i.e. no tricks like "Shannon is dead but Beatrice isn't lol!" Short of that, there are many ways the rest of what you said can be true and still be fair. I'm going to take Beatrice at her word on the red being intended to help rather than hinder (and red evasion goes directly against that premise).

I do agree on this point as well: The idea that Yasu is somehow mentally ill in some form is laughable. People with debilitating mental conditions cannot do the things she does, let alone the things she's suspected of doing. Her reaction to adverse events is also very different from that of a mentally ill individual; she becomes despondent and depressed, and that honestly is about it and is a perfectly rational response for an entirely sane person to have in response to setbacks.

Defense of disingenuous and heartless arguments necessitates the application of insanity because no rational and compassionate explanation has been found, can be found, or will be found for those arguments. Absent outright malice, insanity is the last line of defense. The reasonable conclusion is that the answer must lie elsewhere, that is, with a sane and rational (but not necessarily reasonable) individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
Moon Gohda also happens to be an operative of the "Yamoonu" counter-intelligence force under the control of intergalactic Tokyo.
Intergalactic Tokyo: It's like regular Tokyo, but futuristic.

...more futuristic?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote