Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 16:19   Link #1711
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And the only tanks to come with a manufacturer's warranty!!

Grr...

- Tak
Why buy new? The Netherlands is all but giving them away and I bet that you can get them cheap from Germany as well. They're the best deals in the world of tanks right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Was the bad tactical move Miho's or Maho's? I think the older sister was in charge, and Miho not in a position to decide who goes ahead (maybe she was sent ahead).
I'd blame Miho. Even if Maho gave the overall order to advance along the river, Miho still had the authority to decide how to advance. The route might be just a map feature for Maho, but someone who can see the terrain would know just what a bad idea is. Scrubbing the advance altogether isn't a bad idea, but even just sending a scout would have done wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for the rescue, I agree that in that kind of competition, with actual death possible, her rescue was the only thing to do. But in a real battle, wouldn't her mother and sister have been right? By stopping there, she aborted whatever their tactics were and blocked the tanks behind her, making them all sitting ducks.
Kay already pointed out the difference between a real war and what they're doing . In the actual fight, Miho's Tiger I was the flag tank so it didn't matter what happens to any of the tanks behind her after it's knocked out. Tactics aren't very useful anyways once you're ambushed like that because you don't have any tactical options any more. Either advance into enemy guns and die, or stay where you are and die. I didn't point it out earlier, but it's even possible that Miho's crew couldn't even see the Soviet tanks.

In a real battle, death is an ever-present threat, so the consequence of having someone die is greatly reduced. Miho would have been hit with either a charge of dereliction of duty or cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Miho's action reminds me a lot of the Olympic sailor who abandoned his race when a competitor's boat capsized. By performing the rescue, he lost his chance at a medal doing that too.