View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 08:13   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I think Mera Mera may be the real power up Usopp desperately needs since his first appearence. He can truly become the legendary warrior he desires to be:
Usopp will always be the weakest member. Oda has stated this several times now. That's not to say that Usopp couldn't feed the fruit to his giant slingshot, but he personally will never get the fruit (if Oda wants to continue making him the weakest).

---

Decent chapter.

The Sanji side-story has thrown me for a loop. Obviously it will tie in somehow to something, but I have little idea where and how (which isn't a bad thing).

Luffy joining the tournament is a little odd (I'm still unclear why he wants the fruit, and a memento seems like a really weak excuse), especially if he has to do it while never using his Gomu powers (since he is undercover). Still it could be an interesting restriction that could aid in the tension of the fights...or Oda could simply side to screw deception and have Luffy reveal himself immediately.

I also liked the brief mention that marines and police were not allowed in the Colosseum. Sadly the one-legged toy that gave us this info has now joined the ranks of fodder discussed as possible crewmates...