View Single Post
Old 2004-03-23, 07:21   Link #1
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Rokushin Gattai God Mars - Discussion

I thought i would start a discussion on this show as i'm finding it very interesting so far, and thought i would see what other people think about it

for those who dont know, Rokushin Gattai GodMars begain airing in 1981, and is the story of Takeru Myojin, a pilot in the elite defense force Crasher Squadron. Born on the planet Gishin, and sent to Earth as a child by the evil Emperor Zule, Takeru (aka Mars) must fight to save the planet which raised him from Zule's desire to see it destroyed on his path to universal domination. Takeru uses the robot Gaia and its five guardian robots which combine into God Mars to defeat Zule's armies. Gaia is a double-edged sword, however, and possesses a bomb tuned to Takeru's brain waves. Should Takeru die, a bomb planted inside Gaia will destroy the entire planet.
GodMars is more than just robots and aliens, though. The series places heavy emphasis on character development and storytelling, as well as developing the world and the abilities of its characters.

^___________^

Last edited by Kyoji; 2004-03-23 at 20:42.
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote