View Single Post
Old 2004-03-27, 15:12   Link #9
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Allow me to admit this openly:

I really hate the robot designs in God Mars. Really, REALLY hate them. When I saw the OVA I was elated because they got to redesign Gaia (there is never a combined bot in the OVA) and it didn't look like crap anymore.

The story, as I've been told by those with far more oldskool and robot (and oldskool robot) knowledge than myself is that they got established anime people to do the character and vehicular designs (so all the ships, cars, planes, etc.), which makes sense, as those look GOOD. They left the toy company to its own devices re: the six god robots, and...well.....we can see how things ended up.

I still like the show enough to keep watching it (and work on subbing it) but it took a good 8-10 episodes to get over the robot designs.

@Sleepless: I haven't seen any God Sigma (digitally or otherwise), but I hope you stick with God Mars. The first three episodes really just set things up, ep four begins getting to the heart of the characters as well as the beginning of an advancing storyline (which gets damn cool).
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote