View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 00:53   Link #71
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

In the other hand James I don't think just leaving was a realistic option. Without even going into the feasibility of deserting en masse Konoha it's not like they hadn't been at war with the rest of the world for generations. The idea that they had somehow a better chance in the foreign villages they had been fighting forever than in their own doesn't make much sense.
Secondly why would they leave in the first place? Konoha was their home, it makes more sense to overthrow the government screwing with you than taking your chance with your ennemies as your ex-comrades track you down.
My brief rhetorical question was more a complaint/criticism of the overall thought process of the Uchiha clan (and what they could do) rather than a specific example of what the Uchiha should have done.

That being said, considering that Orochimaru was able to create his own hidden villiage seemingly overnight, I don't see what prevented the Uchiha from doing something similar. Or, maybe they could have petitioned the Daimyo to become Royal guards. Or, they could have simply gone on strike, forcing Konoha to either kill them needlessly, or actually discuss the problem (I find it hard to believe that some Yamanaka's couldn't mindfuck the Uchiha clan to find out their involvement in the Kyuubi incident...and if the Uchiha were too proud to accept this level of inquiry, then they were even bigger idiots than I imagined).

Whatever the case, the options chosen by all involved was simply asinine, and I sincerely wish that there could have been some actually discussion of the various possibilities in determining why war was the better option.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote