View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 22:32   Link #61
F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
teach me more master. i'm not knowledgable about this whole deal. how does the conversion process work? what part was the mistake? how did the mistake happen? what should they have done to correct this mistake? any sources/interviews that tipped of you of this fuck-up or are you an expert that you noticed this immediately? i'm also curious because i've been a fan of the 1999 series for a decade now and this is absolutely the first time i've heard about it.

but anyway, man i didn't furuhashi know furuhashi was such a noob. making this kind of mistake even though he'd been doing anime for at least a decade, and in a high-rating series watched by millions of viewers at that! i thought his experience in rurouni kenshin, which has its fair share of dark scenes, would have given him enough experience to make this kind of fuck-up but apparently not. and here i was holding him in such high regard
No need for sarcasm. I've never claimed to be an expert on film-editing, but it's rather simple to deduce that the original master had, somewhere along the line, become corrupt. Did you see the original animation cel for the scene where Nobunaga and Machi are standing in the courtyard? Compare that cel to the final product.

I also find it hard to believe that the aforementioned massacre scene was intended to be so dark as to lose all detail (we're talking dark to the point of, if you hadn't read the manga, you'd have no idea what was happening). Do you honestly think that those stuttering flashes are intentional?
F21 is offline   Reply With Quote