View Single Post
Old 2004-07-30, 20:56   Link #40
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
You are taking it far too-fetched. I was merely explaining how a "deep-fried grasshopper" is probably much more safe than a certain experience that I had in America, which in turn was a response to your quote "you shouldn't eat bugs because you don't know where they've been." Yes, granted I am certain not all restaurants are that heinous, but let me give you a story when i was in Anaheim this year for Anime Expo 2004.

I had a nice day, I wanted to relax, so I went to a nice looking restaurant near the hotel. I took an order for some salad and some steak, and went to the restroom. While I was taking my business in the urinal, some cook comes out of the dumper, took out his handkerchief, blew his nose, and walked right out the door. He didn't bother to wash his hands, despite the fact a California Department of Health sign clearly stated that "All Employees Must Wash Hands Before Returning to Work." Now, this was a nice restaurant that got an 'A' by the Los Angeles County Health Department (I finally understood what those grades were by asking someone).

Now, as I got out of the restroom, I notice that cook preparing food for the customers in that restaurant. The guy was still blowing on his nose with his handkerchief and was preparing a salad with his bare hands.

Do I want to eat at a place where I've just seen a cook coming out of the crapper, didn't wash his hands, blowing on his nose, and preparing people's food with those hands? Obviously not. I just left the restaurant as I explained kindly to the waitress that I was feeling rather sick and to cancel my order.

Now perhaps those grades on the restaurant windows mean something. If this restaurant received an 'A' with a cook who doesn't wash his hands, I am afraid to know what a 'B' or a 'C' grade is like. I would like to hope not all restaurants in the Los Angeles area are like that. Unfortunately, a vivid experience did leave a tremendous impact upon me during my visit of an American anime convention.

So tell me, would you eat a "deep-fried grasshopper" battered in 300 degree palm oil, or would you eat a salad that is likely to be ridden with salmonella and particles of someone's booger and waste material?
Boogers and waste material add taste my friend, gooood old american taste lol like how baiting fishing rods with out washing adds extra flavor and protein to Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote