View Single Post
Old 2010-03-13, 19:50   Link #91
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The two you (DjTrizz & Death Header) are really not helping any point you are trying to make by giving yourself as a example.
  • are you trying to say its impossible to get bad reputation over a question? Overly silly or nonsensical questions can be very annoying, that's why we have a Silly question, [...] thread in General Chat. Telling us its "unfair" and "the other guy was childish" doesn't do anything more then make yourself look childish for "pointing the finger" instead of providing a more concrete case.
  • secondly, reputation is always justified -- you are not being negative repped by a bot, you obviously said something to piss the other person off. Yes you don't have to "manage your wording" to please others (or however you want to put it), but then realise the other person doesn't have to either. The only difference between a message on the forum and the reputation message is that the reputation message can be as personal as the person wishes, since it fits in the private message category as far as the forum policies are concerned.
  • finally, stop with this hypocricy around "but it was just my opinion". Negative reputation is by definition a opinion towards your post -- so if you want to cling to that belief follow your own advice and respect the other person's opinion instead of complaining how everyone is just required to respect yours.
Hm? it wasn't a silly question in the least, but I guess it might of been to the more diehard crowd. The question was regarding Athrun getting Aegis (believe that's what the name was) back in GSD, I asked if Aegis was upgraded like Freedom did, because there was nothing to suggest it was upgraded at all and just simply rebuilt, cause it looked exactly the same.

I'm not implying anything from my original post, I was directed here and I just wanted to drop my .02, because as I said, I don't have a problem with neg reps that at least make sense from a constructive point of view.

The act of pointing someone out as being childish does not make one childish in return, it's all about the perspective of which things are done.

Just because you submit a rep, doesn't mean it's justified, otherwise there wouldn't be exceptions; trolls, crude remarks, abusing the system.

Yes, a negative rep is designed to be used as an opinion to your post, but alas, it's not always used as such.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-03-13 at 20:07.