View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 11:39   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What I would do:

Day 1

Learn the UI, check out tutorials and stuff, see how many skills and sword types can be used. Decide which one would be best to start off with and grind a bit with beginner gear to get it.

Day 2

Seek out a party member, get to know them, see if they know any more about the game than me. Grind together since it's always more effective to duo maps and dungeons. Focus on gold and materials rather than exp, strategize the use of AP/SP or whatever the game provides. Upgrade my gear and skills, pick up a third member, study the bestiary with them, if one is provided (e.g. we should have all kinds of weapons, like piercing/slash/blunt so as to be able to deal with any enemy).

Day 3

Find out the 1st boss' level and take it on with an expedition if there is one. If there isn't or if it has been defeated, the most mobile of the party should search for the next best area to grind while the other two kept a spot occupied.

Day 4

With a couple of days under our belts, we should be of a good enough level and decent gear to join a guild. Learn more things about advanced gameplay and stuff, check out which items give certain stat boosts and where they drop, grind if their drop rates are 10% or more and the mobs that drop them have a maximum of 1h respawn rate. Help out lower-level guildies, earn their trust, make the guild feel like home.

Day 5

Pick up the pace, organize raids, clear more floors, learn new skills, have some people get dodge/def gear and act as scouts/tanks, have others learn block skills and counters to read enemy attack patterns, focus on single-hit skills with high success rate and attack along with a dual wielder with high dps so as to be able to take on anything.

Day 6

Clear the game, save everyone, kick the hooded man in his digital nuts and become the hero the world needs.

Day 19

...start new game+
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote