View Single Post
Old 2010-05-15, 17:09   Link #9954
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
I wonder how many people have gotten to the truth. Ryukishi claims that probably a decent amount of people have it or are close to it. But he thinks WAY TOO HIGHLY of us. For example, he didn't think the readers would get so caught off guard by the fantasy scenes in ep2, he thought a good precent would see through them. But when everyone was lost, he had to change ep3, and include Virgilia and Ronove to help the player. I wonder how Battler would have gotten along without them appearing, like it was orignally planned.

And Battler isn't really anti-mystery, he is more wishy-washy, I feel. He shifts back and forth between Mystery and Fantasy, he tries to fight right on the line that divides the two.

Edit: Is it possible that ep4 is mostly a theory destorying Ep. Because afterall if Umineko is solvable by ourselves, then their must only really be 1 answer per ep (At least) But we have so many theories for each ep, so sometime there must be facts that destory most if not all of our theories, or evidence that points to the answer of that ep, so we can weed out the wrong theories. And I really think Ryukishi should stop putting so much faith in us, he expected at least a small amount of people to solve Umineko after ep4, and what maybe 1 or 2 people only did. I actually really hope we get a solid showing of the answer in ep8, instead of Ryukishi expecting a great number of people to know the answer, but only a small percent actually do, while the rest are completely lost.

And does Ryukishi understand the meaning of alibi? Alibi is a claim or showing of a small amount of proof that suggests you were somewhere else at the time of the crime. But yet in ep1. Regarding Kanon’s attack in the boiler room. All of the survivors have alibis! Let us include the dead as well! How does Kumasawa have an alibi? The only way she could have one is if she could have been with someone else. Who was she with? Wasn't she following close behind Kanon? And no one else seems to claim Kumasawa was with them. Jesscia even accuses her, which shows that she probably wasn't with the cousins, Natsuhi, Nanjo, or Genji (Cause weren't they all together?). Though it could work like this;

Kumasawa: I was with Genji at the time of Kanon's attack.
Genji: That is correct, Kumasawa was with me; we were talking in the hallway near the kitchen.

In this example both Kumaswa and Genji are giving an alibi, 'they are both saying the other is with them.' But this doesn't make them innocent at all,
Genji and Kumasawa could be lying and Genji is saying Kumaswa was with him at the time, but she wasn't. This statement makes the red true because Kumasawa has an alibi. Or; They were together, but they are both the culprit and they double teamed Kanon. This would make the red true still because, Genji is claiming they were in the different area.

Now if it wasn't for this red. In short, no human or dead person on the island could have killed Kanon. I would think that someone is pretending Kumawasa or someone else was with them, or that they saw them.

But I still wonder who was with Kumasawa. If I remember right, wasn't everyone else together expect her?

Edit 2: Yep I checked the manga, and everyone is together expect Kumasawa (And Kanon of course). So doesn't this prove, that someone faked their death before this and Kumaswa was with them?
It doesn't prove anything because Kanon could have faked his death in the boiler room using red paint as blood and setting a stake with a red stain on next to him. After he was carried away he got Nanjo and Jessica to lie about him being dead. After all, Battler never saw his body in that ep, or even the wound. There is a good chance that Kanon is still walking around, thus he wasn't killed in the boiler room and so no one of the others need to have faked their death before this.

Also, once Kanon is "dead", he is "everywhere" so he could be the culprit of any murder after that.

Also regarding the red truth " All of the survivors have alibis! Let us include the dead as well! " Beato says that in red, but it doesn't mean that we have seen or heard the alibi for Kumasawa or any of the others right? It just means that proof exists to prove where Kumasawa was at the time of the crime and the existence of that proof is proven with the red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote