View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 10:18   Link #2118
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Also SAO isn't one of those harem-themed stories in which the harem gets in the way of the romance. So in SAO's case I think harem is completely fine. And of course we're talking about harem becoming more and more popular recently on Japan's anime stories context.
Eh, it was for a volume or two, yes. Most of the girls gave up on him after they found out that he has Asuna. Not to mention the lovey-dovey moments Asuna and Kirito shared in the Aincrad arc. Which are also prevalent in Alicization, the last major arc in the series.

Yes, and that's because it seems that a lot of otaku enjoy the idea of being surrounded and loved by loads of beautiful girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
In anime or LN stories, romance doesn't have to be believable because it's up to the writer on how will he make the story. Besides if it was me(in Lizbeth's case) I won't give up on Kirito since he's the one who changes me, also Lizbeth did give up and step back once(SAO arc) because she feels Asuna needs him way more than her. After SAO arc ended they started competing for him in healthy manner so I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
And why doesn't it? A believable romance is, 9 times out 10, a good one. Of course, execution also matters. We shouldn't excuse poorly written and/or executed romances just because it's "anime"/"light novels"/from Japan.

Yeah, they're fighting a losing battle, wherein the outcome has already been determined.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote