View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 15:21   Link #214
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And Fate was whipped, leaving scars along her back and limbs. The atmosphere of her leaving that room, limping, and calmly telling Arf that she needed to please mother... that wasn't emotions and atmosphere that led you to see a tragedy in action?
It was a tragedy but has less impact. Do you agree? And why if not?

Quote:
What else aren't you telling us about this process?
Where do witches come from, really?
And what are they?
Is there another way to deal with witches?
Why is it only young girls being used?
Can we get our soul back in our body and fight normally?
What else is changed about us by becoming a magical girl?

And these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure if I thought more, I'd come up with tons. Perhaps it's just me, but I have a hankering need for more information about what the hell is going on, and there is someone right there who can answer.
Weird question maybe but if you were in the same shoes (same age etc.) as them, would you really ask all that and even more? And (in case he actually answered all the important questions in an unambiguous way which is questionable) would it really put you into a much better position?

For instance, Homura seems to know a lot about MG business but I doubt she'd be less cold (or whatever) if she knew less. And Mami probably would have still died anyway, too, just with more knowledge which is basically mere info. Like I said I understand what you mean and there ought to be at least one or two very essential questions that could very much help in specific situations when answered. Like if Madoka knew about the SG earlier etc. but still. I think you're a bit too concerned about this.

For that matter, all the other MG shows are in similar fashion, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
This is why I said Gen isn't able to shine here. He may be trapped by some restricting confine of anime, Shaft, Shinbo, some mysterious higher force, that doesn't allow his dark creative juices to get running. Real Urobuchi Gen is in Saya no Uta and Kikokugai, which imo are both grim dark amazing. Both made in 2003 incidentally, so maybe that was his prime.
Add Fate/Zero maybe.