Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 06:27   Link #56
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I like how the producer says that this would be a story about "if you don't work hard you won't win" and that there appears to be a lack of these kinds of theme in recent works. I think he has a point - there are a lot of shounen shows where a plot point would make power-ups land on the protagonists laps and they suddenly become really powerful, then rinse and repeat. Also more hand-to-hand combat is really welcome as I was just going through the manga again and yes fights were definitely not a strong point of Saint Seiya as they just keep throwing their special attacks repeatedly. I hope Omega can deliver here.

Also worth noting in the character description is that it says Yuna questions why female saints must wear a mask, so I guess she is rebelling against tradition in her own way by not wearing a mask and making a point about this probably means there might be stories to deal with the whole mask thing. This is good to see too because the old Saint Seiya is frankly pretty sexists where nearly all the women are weak and helpless (hence why Saori keeps getting abducted and even silver saints like Shaina is nothing more than a meat shield for Seiya), it's about time the show catches up to current times. Just hope Yuna isn't as disappointing as Yuzuriha of Lost Canvas.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote