Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 11:53   Link #1
warita
Dai-Youkai

Food you cook

Hello everybody!!!

I love to cook for my family and friends and I like to try new exotic dishes from all around the world. So I figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to open a thread, where we can exchange recipes and "brag" about the food we can or cannot cook, haha

All kinds of recipes are welcome, even simple but yummie ones. One doesnt always feel like cooking, especially if short on time. If you can post a photo of the dish cooked, that would be even better.

So now for what I have cooked: I made wonderful fried shrimps this weekend. The weather was so nice, the bright sun rays caressed my eyes in the morning and I woke up feeling energised and decided to go to the farmer market in the center of Vienna and couldnt resist buying some fresh unfrozen tiger shrimps. A kidney transplant on the black market is cheaper than the shrimps, but I just couldnt say no this time.

At home I pondered how to prepare them and googled some recipes, until I decided to improvise something on my own, out of experience I know this brings the best results. The preparation I decided to go for was super easy, as usually.

Ingredients:
1. Tiger shrimps, skinned, veined and washed
2. lemon juice (1-2 tablespoon)
3. Olive oil (1-2 tablespoon)
4. salt, pepper, yellow thai curry (I still had some of the yellow thai curry paste left from last week. I must use it within a week or two, so I am trying to put it in as many dishes as possible and it sure went damn well with the shrimps)
5. minced garlic
6. brown sugar (weak tea spoon)

Preparation:
1. Mix all the ingredients except the shrimps together and whip it (the result looks almost a little like a light liquid mayonaise).
2. Por the marinade over the shrimps and let it rest for an hour
3. Heat some oil on the pan and add the shrimps, fry on both sides about 2 minutes
4. Pour the marinade on the shrimps and allow the marinade to caramelise over the shrimps.

If any of you guys like shrimps, you gotta try this. It is a great appetizer dish in my opinion and the whole preparation including cooking didnt take longer than 10 minutes.

I apologize for not adding a picture, I meant to make one, but then totally forgot. I will make one next time I make this dish, I promise
warita is offline   Reply With Quote