View Single Post
Old 2009-03-19, 09:17   Link #333
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I dont understand the study in contrasts remark. But Toradora does have excellent characters better than some of the clannad characters. Taiga and Ami I think really shine in this series compared to Ryou or Tomoyo from Clannad.

However nobody is better
no one more kawaii
ichiban desu

[Fuuko image]

some people said they found her annoying. i found her endearing.

all this is IMO and IME only.
The "study in contrasts" remark about Clannad was aimed at "the first season was almost as funny as school rumble". I remember that when the first season was still airing, there were lots of comments along these lines: "don't compare Clannad to Kanon because Clannad is meant to be a school life comedy, not a tearjerker"... that was the impression people got from Season 1, and Season 2 showed how wrong they were.

Anyway, back onto topic (Toradora) and sorry to steal your lines, but... IMO, nobody is better than Tenori Taiga... ichiban desu! As much as I like Clannad, the Clannad girls were "extreme examples" of stereotypes: pureness (Nagisa), silliness (Fuuko), moe-ness (Kotomi), shyness (Ryou), etc. On the other hand, Taiga's appeal is a whole lot more than her being a "tsundere".