View Single Post
Old 2012-06-14, 22:33   Link #1749
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The question is, what does George like about Shannon? What is it about her that he loves? Or is he just in a relationship to have one and with a woman to have her? What does Shannon love about him? I honestly don't know. The relationship presented is at its climax with the proposal, and short of the trip at the start of ep2 (which is curiously non-revelatory), we never really see them do anything.
Well, maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but I got the impression that George was attracted to her looks, her demure behavior, and penchant for domesticity. As for Shannon, she seemed impressed with his intelligence and generally gallant behavior towards her.

Keeping in mind that they're both very young, and this is, if both are to be believed, their FIRST romantic relationship ever, it isn't surprising that they're love, mostly uncontested, is pretty simple. Further, I'd say if you ask most people what they like about their partner, they'd have a few specific points, and quite a few very general things, like "He makes me laugh", or "She's always showing me new things"

I think it's pretty normal that you can attribute a relationship, sometimes, to circumstance, proximity, and availability. Shannon was a girl George had access to, their personalities gelled fairly well, and whatever she's using to pad out that bra is truly working miracles. Were the circumstances different, sure, they could end up with any other girl / guy. But the circumstances are ... as they are - Shannon got a sweet chubby Prince, and George got himself a meido waifu.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote