View Single Post
Old 2014-08-05, 13:43   Link #1257
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
My point here's simply that the governments like to paint themselves in a positive light while doing the opposite for their enemies, with PR slogans like Freedom. They paint an idealistic picture for the public instead of a realist one. In general, the public's not educated on foreign politics, not even at introductory level.

It's like they want to preach "Justice" and stuff to the public for domestic stability, but since you need a different mindset of foreign politics, they shy away from educating the public about it.
The problem with foreign politics has always been more about opinion than facts; you can't really educate anyone with opinion - you can only advice.

Back when my country was having problems with Malaysia about the 3-sen water (google it), they actually printed pamplets to be issued in school with "truths and myths" section. I remembered I was sent outside of the class for asking for the original water agreement that was signed during the British Colonial times.

Having said that, it is about keeping the general public on your side so you have a consistent backing even on the foreground of international politics. Given the expansion of the internet, governments may be able to find support in their opponent's homebase, and opposition in their borders. Then it is all about "media management".

It is good to be a journalist today.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.