View Single Post
Old 2007-01-02, 11:52   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I wasn't aware that Kitagawa's cavalry charge into the conference room wasn't "canon" but I liked it. It was nice to see him rise above the level of comic relief, whether it was in the game or not.

The sense was definitely growing in me that Ayu was going to be a constant - if minor - player through everyone else's arc, but that it was a slow build to her own starring role in the finale. Thus, I'm pleased to see that sense among the more knowledgeable posters. Ayu is definitely all that and a bag of chips, but I have to confess Mai is really growing on me...
I'm *really* liking the minor tweaks that increase the interactions between the various characters. It improves the adaptation immensely because otherwise it seems like Yuuichi is the only one who can create action (a big failing of visual novels, imo). Having characters interact whether Yuuichi is around or not .. or having characters participate in the events rather than react to them is just a big win for me in terms of anime story adaptation.

I'm a big Mai fan but... as a character in herself, not as a racehorse (the "racehorse" syndrome of fanboiz just annoys the hell out of me, "screw the story I want my girl to win" argh). If I had to pick one scene so far that shows where Yuuichi and Ayu are in their bonds, it would be the "tai chi" fork and knife dance at dinner right after she moved in. Great moment...