View Single Post
Old 2010-02-17, 21:45   Link #818
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

Hmm, unless the movie deviates from the original series at this point, it's not really Precia's fault. Fate merely recalled a fragment of Alicia's memory, and morever we can't really say when that happened too. It could have happened a long time ago before the final duel and we are shown that simply to inform us that, hey, something's not quite as it seems here, why's Precia calling Fate Alicia?
That scene does deviate, based on the spoiler content Iluna wrote after watching the movie.

Fragments of past are being shown as Fate and Nanoha are having their final battle too. And Iluna states that because of this, Fate wasn't focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluna
During the final encounter with Nanoha, Fate had a reminiscene about her moments with Pressea until Pressea calls her Aricia. Which distracts Fate from the fight.

You're right, at that time she wasn't even suppose to know who she is because Fate mentioned this line in the movie as well.

Fate "Aricia? I'm not Aricia, mother, I'm Fate"

Come to think about it, I just check ep.11 of the TV series and it has this as well. Except that she reminiscene about that BEFORE the fight starts. Hence that particular change has to be fixed a little.

And as well Fate did scream for her mother, and Aricia when Pressea falls to her death.