View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 17:55   Link #93
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 11:

- I couldn't really feel any sympathy for either Daryl's dad nor Daryl himself. His dad had barely any coverage in the show, and while I understand its the building up of neglect and other little things that led to Daryl being fed up with his father, I'm left confused as to what direction the writers want to take Daryl's character in.
The fact that he remains a punching bag for the Funeral Parlor so far seems to just highlight his growing stress and psychological instability, will it amount to anything or will it just be pushed aside?

- I think Funeral Parlor treated Shu like crap. Yet I'm sure they genuinely thought of him as a comrade. One thing I get from them(as opposed to the GHQ and the Antibodies) is that they're surprisingly pure minded in their thinking and ideals, which I'd attribute to traumatic past+Gai brainwashing. I'm sure bad writing also fits somewhere into the equation but...

- Good on Dan for actually having an serious American face instead of the usual comedic American face, even if it was moments before his death.

- Mugi-chan!
Spoiler for (found this off the net):

- I actually rather enjoyed this series so far. There had been only been one or two episodes where I really got frustrated with the series(I guess 1 or 2 is still too much?). The really big problem is the flimsy writing...but then I've definitely seen worse from many Hollywood action flicks, so this is no biggie. Guilty Crown is well paced so far, and has an intriguing setting and backstory that makes some people want to keep watching. There's plenty of eye candy even if the animation isn't always up to standard.

- I guess next episode we'll be getting flashbacks about the events 10 years ago. This is what I've been waiting for since the first episode so I hope IG will at least get this right.
       /
      / \|
    /