View Single Post
Old 2007-09-21, 07:22   Link #89
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
I wonder if they decide on what to release as figurines by the manga popularity/interest, or the anime?
most likely by popularity. If the show is not popular, no one will notice the name or even know what it is.

Consider figurines in the Fate/Stay Night and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Some figurines there such as Saber from (Fate Stay Night). and Fate Testarossa (Nanoha) were re-issue base on popularity of the show.

Other things to consider when making a figurine could be:

- Advertising the show to increase popularity,
- By manga popularity - ( this is hard to take a guess as some anime are based off games and some are based off the manga, so you can't really say is ALL on manga popularity, you have to consider Japanese Games as well too.)
- By anime series - (er, like above mentioned. Anime (majority of them are based off either the Game or Manga's popularity. If that condition is met, they will consider making one)
by character - hm...it could be a possibility, chance is low though. But if the character is the main character in the manga/anime/game, chances will increase. However, as of now i can only recall so little amount of characters that were made into actual figures due to low popularity of the manga/anime.

edit: as you can judge by my sig and avatar, you can tell which character i want as a figurine ^^. but i can only hope, would not put my hopes up for it though. However, a Teresa figurine would be able to satisfy me xP.

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2007-09-21 at 07:24. Reason: adding info.