Thread: Ray
View Single Post
Old 2004-10-30, 15:22   Link #1
aahhsin

Ray

This movie is very very good. I saw it yesterday because Saw and the Grudge was sold out, and I was already at the theatre, so why not.

Of course Ray is about the 1960's singer Ray Charles Robinson, starring Jamie Foxx. It's a nice biography movie that attempts to cover the life of Ray Charles.

the movie starts off in 1950's Florida, showing Ray Charles taking a segregated bus to go to seattle. Slowly, but surely, his success is being formed and of course he becomes the music legend he is today. His battle against Segregation, Heroin, family, and of course his guilt of letting his brother drown. All of this comes back to haunt him and his words of music.

Well that's pretty much it, The movie works surprisingly well because of Foxx, who starred with Tom Cruise in Collateral. Foxx's acting is absolutely superb, who ever knew a comedian could play a blind musician so well? The emotion he puts into his character is unbelievable.

Although the ending felt a bit rushed, even though the movie was almost 3 hours. It doesn't deteriate from the rest of the movie. It is highly recommended, especially after Halloween. I know it may sound boring, and the movie is comming out at probably the worst time possible, unless you think that Ray Charles is going to haunt you with his ghost.... but it's just that damn good.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote