View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 15:24   Link #10519
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Even if Ajimu is nerfing herself, it still kind of removes the tension knowing that Ajimu could just beat the next guy by the time we even blink. Although this isn't the first time this happened in manga, it still is really annoying and it removes any sort of tension that it would had gotten. It is probably my main gripe with Alucard from
Hellsing, it is not a bad manga but Alucard is basically a vampire Cthulhu that he makes any fight with him trivial. He was even 'defeated' by a guy with quantum powers who erased him from existence and he still came back.

Well, it's probably a case of watching Alucard be awesome. Ajimu being absurdly overpowered allows for some pretty funny moments. The plot will just conspire to keep her from interfering.

It had always been Medaka's manga so it is going to revolve around her...........
I think you discussed this before, but everything in the series seems to have to revolve around her since she's an exaggeration of the main character. Even so, it's not something I'm a fan of, even if I don't hate Medaka.

This might deviate from the topic a bit, but what exactly made Ajimu the villain of the Not Equal arc? Kumagawa ripped off her face and sealed her away, which made him something of an Antihero rather than a sick bastard, but then we find that her motivation was more...boredom? I guess she was manipulative, but was she really supposed to get her face ripped off?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote