Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-31, 18:51   Link #948
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Alien fruit and veg and meats, almost sounds... Martian
Now that I've been thinking bout it and comparing, I guess England being old farm country, most of the countryside towns where supermarkets aren't around and there's the typical 1 pub, post office, newsagents and all local businesses. We have markets and greengrocers who'd grow and sell their produce.
Even within London, on the side of a busy high road, opposite a large supermarket, there is usually a green grocers selling fresh fruit and veg (how fresh, don't ask, lol)
But it's a common presence which reminds us that we have a choice to eat healthy instead of going straight to a fast food joint or even the supermarket for frozen processed stuffs.
And seriously, at Maccy D's for example, don't they sell fruit bags, yogurt, juice and mineral water for the Happy Meals? O.o (like they do here...)
Or even then, I'd prefer to get a milkshake sometimes, but you all make it sound like fizzy drinks are the -only- choice in terms of beverages.
(Ah, but then I learnt this from Ledgem, since he wasn't sure what I was on about)
We also have fruit cordials, either homemade with fruit or store bought such as Vimto (a fave of mine, you can hyperlink to 'varitaion' or 'cordial')
Those are usually frowned upon by dentists, since kids kinda get addictive to them, but it's all in the mix which parents can decide, and for most part we're still consuming water.

Besides, if so many people are going to fast food joints, it doesn't make the food so fast then does it? :P
(The queues?)
Quote:
Although I realizes this, I still drank a few cans of coke a week. Well.. The thing is that to prepare tea would consume a lot of time. First of all, the process of boiling water may take up to 5 minutes and the time for the tea to cool down will take another 2-3 minutes. On the other hand, to drink a can of soda, all you got to do is pop the can and drink. Quick!
Okay, this is where i just call you lazy as hell.
America's sins: Sloth, greed and gluttony.
As for the order, you decide.
Making tea isn't that big a deal, yeesh, lol. For all the TV ads you have over there, it's more than enough time to turn the kettle on.
(Or just drink water if you're in a hurry)

But as for beating this news story to death...
well it semi deviated from your example in reference to my news story *cough*
But still just as informing, i'm learning about the eating habits over there, so I personally find it interesting to compare to how lifestyles are in London or small country towns here to suburban or city America.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia