Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-01, 16:43   Link #951
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You become unable to eat cheap, convenient, widely available fast food.
Eh, I'm not the healthiest eater but I try to avoid foods with too much sodium or fat content. Because of this if I eat a really greasy burger or something very high in salt like packaged meats (hot dogs for example) my body really doesn't like it (but my taste buds do!).

Once you get used to certain kinds of foods your body digests things differently. It's why abruptly changing the brand or type of food your pets eat is frowned upon by veterinarians. Not only does it cause digestive problems it can be kind of messy.

One of the major reasons I don't eat healthier is simply because it's too expensive versus the longevity of the food. I can't afford to buy fresh fruits and vegetables each and every week so between those periods I consume more preserved stuff.

On the other hand, junk food isn't all bad for you. Part of the bigger problem with junk food is that because of the increased calorie/sodium/cholesterol/sugar content you have to burn more of it. With the relatively inactive lifestyles of the average person in America they just don't burn through an entire days worth of less than healthy foodstuffs. So gradually people just get fatter and fatter.