Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-30, 21:10   Link #10224
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Yeah... No, Just no. Even if it was, that's not enough to invade, especially since everyone would side with China. If you're counting on US support, the US has a history of pulling it when the country in question decides to invade and annex someone else's territory. Ask Argentina and Iraq.
Who said about invading

Quote:
So treating the north as a colony and source of cheap labor? I can't imagine how this could possibly go wrong.
Or we could just let the fences fall and let the former DPRK people be exploited in the hypercapitalist society of ROK. What could go wrong with that?

When even the DPRK people who escaped to the south support such a plan, it's the best alternative among the various difficult choices.

Quote:
No, it is a joke. A very bad one. You're proposing three nations that hate each other come together to oppose a 4th nation and become expansionist. Perhaps you forget what happened the last time such a thing was tried? China's in a much better position to defend itself this time as well.
It's a goal I work for. Is that any worse than what some people try? After all, Japan is already going down the drains with external help, ROK needs the tech of Japan, and DPRK needs the moeny of both. I'm thinking in lines of a EU rather than a federation.