View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 14:00   Link #731
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, does anyone knows what exactly is the thing Arashi suggested Akito wearing? That’s coz it kinda looks like a traditional male clothes from my country. To be exact, it’s from Papua, the region right after New Guinea’s border. The said traditional clothes is called “Koteka” where it only covers the man’s penis part (even the balls aren’t covered). It’s just, Koteka is bigger/longer than what Arashi has. Is there any other traditional clothes like that in other countries/culture?
When I saw it, that's what I thought they were intending. They may just have got the size wrong, out of ignorance or for comedy. I think many people in the West, and probably in Japan, have seen old pictures from Papua and/or New Guinea of men wearing that interesting "garment." Glad to know the real name. I've seen it called a "penis sheath."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote