Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-10, 14:38   Link #2216
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Protectionism is one end of "globalization" but the other end contributes to the problems we face as well -- corporations that play nations against each other driving the quality of life to the bottom. If the definition of "corporation" is not serving society well, then it is a poorly defined instrument -- just another version of "robber baron" or refined "warlord".
I remember that same thing said by my General Paper teacher. The reason why I remembered it is because I dozed off in class and woke up just to hear that.

From what I know, when people don't have a leader or something to turn to, they go wild. What the world really lack in are real leaders, leaders who are willing to go to ends to make sacrifices to make things right.

But one interesting thing to note about human behaviour is that, when all hell breaks loose and crap like these happens that could affect their life and death, people cling onto something that is denounced as unpragmatic called hope. When small stuff happens, they often turn to religion, experts, etc. It seems that there is always a wet blanket to be thought of for every situation, but the people never cling onto that thing they initially hold & have and empowers them to continue walking out of the shitstorm.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.