View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 14:01   Link #30605
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
Someone said something about not finding the gold. It's actually weird, that they found Maria's jaw but not a single piece of gold. I don't have the slightest, so what happens when gold is exploded? Does it melt, fragment or what? It doesn't evaporate, that's really ridiculous, but...
Now that I think about it, it was foolish of me even thinking about Eva going after the gold. it would be pretty sick. something like 'Search for gold in here! and if you find a piece of my husband or son let me know, k?'
Maybe the gold doesn't exist?

The only confirmation of it we ever get is within a bunch of stories. At best, we know Kinzo had something he used to convince people he might have had a bunch of gold, and somebody had access to a bunch of money in 1986. Neither of those things proves the existence of the gold.

If the gold did exist, you'd think unscrupulous salvagers would be crawling over the island crater and trawling the surrounding ocean trying to find even a trace of it. Gold does not naturally occur in high quantities on volcanic islands. It's alluvial and normally would be nearer to a river or something than the ocean. If you found gold dust in the sea or washed up on the freaking shore (because yes, this would happen), you could be reasonably confident that the gold had to have been real as there is little other explanation as to why you'd find any quantity of gold in Izu.

Basically, if the gold existed, unless it was literally fused into a single lump by the blast there would be traces of it everywhere. And it would be pretty much impossible to conceal even with a police cover-up. Gold dust would probably be washing ashore at Nijima. You can't explain that away with weather balloons and swamp gas.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote