View Single Post
Old 2011-04-26, 01:09   Link #166
LyricalNanoha
Madoka x Homura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
In summation, while I think from a time/space perspective her wish was fulfilled instantly (since existing in all times/places means time has no meaning), I don't think she is dead or entirely removed from her former existence either.

I think the true miracle is that with her wish complete, she will be reinserted back into the universe as a human. She'll have two existences. One, the "goddess" who prevents Witches from existing for all time, and the human Madoka who exists separate from that.

To put it another way, her parting from Homura felt less like a goodbye, and more like a "I'll see you soon".
No wonder Madoka (when disappearing) spoke of waiting for a true miracle to happen and "until then" she'll say goodbye to Homura for now.

The ribbon-giving is a Japanese symbolism for the red string of fate which binds Homura and Madoka together... as best friends perhaps. So maybe its symbolism didn't disappear when the universe was being organized, hence also providing another way why Homura might remember Madoka, apart from her specific wish to protect Madoka. Not like Madoka could really forsee all these happening from the start too..?

On a sidenote, the OST and the scenes really played with my emotions thoroughly. Good job to the composer as well >.<

There's gonna be a light novel adaptation, wonder what's possibly next, a 200min movie?