View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 18:26   Link #7368
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*straps on asbestos gear*

Well, it COULD be that a couple other factors than Athena's magical magnetism are involved too ... I'm sorry that I'll undoubtedly come over as a moping sourpuss spoilsport, but someone has to take over the dark shadow part so that the lightbringer of Athena can shine properly.

Spoiler for Kind request: People who have a low tolerance for snarks should not klick on this. I'm in a bit of a sarcastic mood today:

So yea, what's not to like? As an Athena-shipper, I'd be squealing in delight now
YES, I am glad to see her again, but I wouldn't be lying if I said that he prob added her back into the story a bit too soon, so I cant really disagree with those points. I am almost sure he rushed this because of the popularity poll results...after all Hata really lets himself be persuaded by what others think a lot.

Quote:
Still, allow me to say one thing: I remember how several people (understandably) complained about H.I.N.A. during season 2. But the measure of blatant favoritism towards Athena, compared to the total annihilation of Maria (she's out of the story completely), the starving of Nagi (except for sacrificing the jewel, no good scenes for her), and the constant screwing-over of Hina (with the exception of granting her a graceful exit after defeat), absolutely supersedes anything from back then. In fact, it's a bit jarring.
I cant comment for everyone but in my case...lemme see:

1. I liked H.I.N.A but I felt like JC Staff ran with it for longer than it was needed. The end of the Hina focus was ep 13 (end of 1st half) yet they decided to run that ED until ep 17 (end of shimoda arc) which was clearly no longer Hina centered. So for those 4 extra episodes, I just didnt think it was necessary.

2. Maria and Nagi's lack of development has been going on for so long im sure many people have already gotten used to it...and the longer time passes the less hopeful I get. While Hinagiku was still my fav character before Greece happened, you can't really deny that she was the one with blatant favoritism in the series in term of focus. So just like the Athena focus (it really only started full force from 232 to 265), im sure many more people had the same feeling towards Hinagiku who had been stealing others spotlights for a much, much longer period of time.

Quote:
This is why I was quite pleased by the results of the third popularity contest. A-tan has taken the baton of the "anything but Hina and Nagi" faction, but all the exceptional pushing during the Greece arc notwithstanding, she only collected votes from others and was soundly defeated in the totals. I honestly thought that Hina would eventually win, but not that she'd retain a near 2:1 lead.
now now its all so bad for Hina, sure in the relationship front she was pretty much assaulted non stop during greece but she still managed to pull some rather awesome moments that could make anyone appreciate her more. Sure, Athena was played to look like "the damsel who gave up her happiness to maintain the happiness of the one she loved" but Hina was pretty much doing the same thing by supporting Hayate after he confessed...also the whole deal with the sword becoming hers put her in the role of "ally of justice" definitively. I can see why Hinagiku's vote totals can still remain strong despite the Athena push.

Quote:
The mood on 2chan mirrors my own: They feel that HnG was a show in decline over the last chapters. The majority feeling is rather "We'll endure what Hata puts us through" rather than "I'm really looking forward to what happens next". So, forgive me if I'm not QUITE as ecstatic as our esteemed Athena shippers - but I guess Hata has the next treat prepared for you. So, please enjoy!

*Yup, flameproof undies ready for service*

*Awaits the onslaught*
Hata was never good at what I call "balanced focus" (see: Hinagiku and Athena). I really would've liked to see Hata work on Maria after Golden Week but instead we got 2 new characters and switched focus to Nagi and Chiharu (well Nagi needed it as well but not as much as Maria).
I also had that "We'll endure what Hata puts us through" feeling (but not as severe) but well...since Athena IS my fav character, even if it wasnt how I expected it I might as well go with the flow and enjoy it.

Wait...I also need more Ayumu focus...DAMMIT HATA STOP USING THE SAME PEOPLE EVERY TIME!

PS: See!? See!? This forum IS alive once again! SUDDENLY WALLS OF TEXT ARE COMING BACK!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote