View Single Post
Old 2013-03-29, 19:50   Link #232
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
And what else would you expect from the Pony Canyon/TBS timeslot? They're not going to advertise a Kadokawa show coming up (which Haruhi is). The previous announcements following Pony Canyon/TBS shows were Kanon, Clannad, After Story, K-On! The Movie, Tamako Market, and now Chuunibyou. They all happen to be TBS/Pony Canyon productions. Kadokawa shows were announced through Newtype, The Sneaker, Comptiqs, and Shounen Ace, all magazines (with the exception of Hyouka, which was also announced after KyoAni announced it on their website). It's not how one of their shows would be announced.

Feel free to say it's been too long, but just because they announced a Pony Canyon/TBS show following a Pony Canyon/TBS show doesn't mean anything in regards to Kadokawa productions.
I probably should have been more clear... The placement of the Chuunibyou announcement is not the issue for me. It's the fact that, as we know, KyoAni typically does 2, maybe 3, projects a year. With Tamako Market finishing in 2013, and more Chuunibyou coming up later this year, that might be it for 2013. Which is fine.

Since 2013 was the 10th Anniversary of Haruhi, IIRC, I was holding out some faint hope that this might be the year we get more of it. And I guess that's still somewhat possible (Fall 2013, perhaps), and if it happens, great.

But I honestly want to sort of "move on" from wanting more Haruhi all the time. If we get more of it one day, great, awesome. But if we don't... so be it. I guess I'm trying to give myself a greater sense of closure.

It's fine if you yourself hold out more hope than I do. May your hope be rewarded.