View Single Post
Old 2013-11-05, 04:03   Link #533
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Oricon and soundscan did not count aniplex shop's sales yet. From what I've heard, almost 15k fans bought it there because of the keyframes being bundled with the blurays. We will see come nekoshiro's last volume sales if they will count it because they'll ship the two volumes together in one box-set.
You can order it either separately or together, and either way you will get the bonus that ships with the second volume. (And it'll be like that for every two--disc story arc 'till the end.) That being said, I have no idea if they count these sorts of direct sales in either case.

Regardless, as was said, the level of attrition here (even if this is completely accurate) is nothing to be disappointed about, particularly when you keep in mind that this is a 12-disc release. I know a number of collectors who found that prospect daunting and decided to not continue collecting the series as a result (or are contemplating collecting only their favourite arcs, which this release structure encourages). Some may also have in their head to hope for an eventual boxset release rather than doing the 12-disc marathon as well.

In the end, even if it averaged down to 30k sales over 12 volumes at these prices, that's a pretty great showing.