View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 13:55   Link #46
marvelB

As I said in a previous thread, it would be best to stick with Mangarule as far as decent translation goes. Panda is just way too darn sloppy to be reliable....

Anyways, awesome chapter. It's great that we're introduced to all of these big forces from around the NW. Surprisingly, I find myself most interested in Cavendish. It's pretty rare for Oda to make bishie characters (that's more of Mashima's schtick), but I like how this guy is being handled (that one fat guy falling for him, randomly eating that rose, being jealous of Luffy's generation of supernovas, his annoyance at being ignored ). I really want to see this guy's fighting style because I find it darned impressive that he has such a high bounty for a dude with no DF ability. Dude must be quite a skilled haki user, indeed....

As far as the other contestants go, I sort of question Oda's choice in introducing a clearly Arab-inspired dude as a terrorist who bombed a government facility, but.... well, maybe there's more to that guy's story. Those Chinjao guys look pretty interesting, too (though the face of the guy who yelled at Luffy sure looks similar to Don Krieg's.....). I wonder if Hanokuni is related to Wano in any way (I mean, are they like neighboring countries or something)? I also kinda think it would be interesting if the Eggman-lookalike and his king will have some importance, as well (though I don't see either of them becoming finalists in the tournament). As for Rebecca..... well, silly crewmate delusions aside, I'm actually interesting in learning her story, too. I kinda wonder if she's from Amazon Lily? Granted, that place most likely isn't the only island with amazon warriors, but seeing as they even have their own fighting arena and such, I don't think it's such a far-fetched assumption......

Oh, and the fact that Burgess is in the tournament now makes it LESS likely for any of the Straw-Hats to eat the mera fruit if you ask me (not that I ever believed any of them would ever eat it in the first place, mind you ). Now it's very much possible that the power will belong to Blackbeard's crew instead.....