View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 20:12   Link #81
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
The emperor is dead, the rebellion has succeeded, and Hakuoru and company are in charge of the country now. The big question, of course, is can they hold on to what they have won? Judging from what the leader of the wing-people said, this is only the latest of many countries that have fallen/been overthrown. So there will surely be larger - and more competent - challenges looming on the horizon. I also found it extremely interesting to see the wing-people's leader react the way he did when he heard that the country would be named "Tusukuru". Did he actually know her somehow? Or could that name carry some other connotation that we are not yet aware of? I'm looking forward to learning the answers. I do hope that the series takes a few episodes to catch its breath and allow for some character interaction and development before starting the next action arc. That sort of information is what causes me to care about (or despise) characters in a series, and makes it all the more interesting when things happen to them later.
Ah, almost forgot about that... I doubt there's a direct connection between this country having fallen (what was the old name, anyway?) and others. My guess is some large powerhungry country is trying to expand its territory and taking over other countries. Which means that sooner or later they'll be gunning for Tusukuru and the wing-people country (which already seems involved). Tusukuru and wing-country starting an alliance is not unlikely if that's the case. Although I have no idea why the name Tusukuru would startle him that much, perhaps granny was pretty notorious in her younger years? The wing-people leader seems old enough, it's possible he knew her in the past.