View Single Post
Old 2009-09-05, 17:56   Link #729
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
When would you guys say the direction started to turn you off? For me it was when Akune came..since then i haven't liked the direction of this manga..in actuality i would have preferred just them in the council as a duo.
For me, I think it was the dog chapter. I don't know why, but the whole thing just seemed like a pointless filler chapter to me. Akune made his appearance the next arc and it just went downhill from there. Though, I admit, I haven't been a huge fan of Medaka herself from the beginning, due to the way she's been presented since inception. At least the one shot actually made note of her flaws as substantial (ie, she doesn't understand what it's like to lose or suffer), so it gave you sympathy and understanding of the character and a reason for her personality. In the serialization, she comes off as much more arrogant, petty, tyrannical, and manipulative while any humanity or flaws are pushed to the side almost completely in favor of her powers and forcing her "love speeches" on us every week.

Something that amuses me is the way a lot of what's happening coincides with what's going on in Bakuman. I know Bakuman can't be a basis for any real life stuff, however, it's funny how both are on the verge of cancellation, so they both started to go more battle like (though, in Medaka Box, battle means getting your ass handed to you by Medaka in one shot). What's even funnier, though, was when Bakuman showed the mystery author and how his manga wasn't doing well. The editor even mentioned that it may not be Detective Traps fault for poor ratings, but the fact that the famous author can't do a manga properly. Amazing how that seems to be the case with Medaka Box currently. They say that Art imitates Life. It's funny seeing Art imitate Art.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote